I can't be kidnapped nor assassinated — Olu-Iwo

....Says monarchs can't rely on gods for safety

AS traditional rulers become the target of kidnapping and assassination, the Oluwo of Iwo, Oba Abdu-Rasheed Akanbi, yesterday, boasted that no one dared to either kidnap or make him a target for assassination.

The monarch also disclosed that traditional rulers, especially in the South-West, cannot continue to rely on ancient gods for safety but should look up to God as their protector.

Addressing newsmen at his palace in Iwo, the Oluwo said traditional institutions in Yorubaland must realize that they represent God on earth not deities on ancient gods, hence, must return to God for safety and protection.

His words: "I am telling you right here that no one would dare attempt to kidnap or mark me for assassination. I am covered by God's protection, not any deity or gods. I am using this opportunity to call on my colleague monarchs to stop putting their hopes on deities and return everything to the almighty God whom they represent.

Speaking on the harsh economy in the country, the Iwo monarch urged Nigerians to hold their governors and lawmakers responsible.

He said: "The steps taken by this government are right. Money can't get to Nigerians except through their governors, Senators, House of Representatives and others. Revenue going to states and others is unprecedented in the history of this country. Let’s show love to each other, let's help each other. Money accruing to the federal government after fuel subsidy removal is being shared by all tiers of government in Nigeria. Why are people now becoming poorer? Why are Nigerians hungry? There should be meetings at the federal level where questions would be asked about how resources go to other tiers of government.”

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

TB Joshua: How I found my husband dead — Wife

Oyo school kidnap: We can’t risk more lives in rescue efforts — Soun

Easter: FG declares Friday, Monday public holidays