Tinubu, brain behind modern Lagos — Sanwo-Olu

Gov Sanwo-Olu of Lagos.

GOVERNOR Babajide Sanwo-Olu of Lagos State, yesterday, noted that the All Progressives Congress, APC, Presidential candidate, Bola Tinubu, remained the brain behind the development master-plan implemented by successive administrations in the last two decades in the state.

Sanwo-Olu said this when he appeared on a television programme in Lagos, where he highlighted some of the achievements of his administration, his re-election bid and his relationship with Tinubu. 

The governor said: “With all sense of humility, I joined the Tinubu government over 20 years ago. I was General Manager in my bank before I joined Tinubu in November 2002. From the very first day of my appointment, I was in Tinubu’s cabinet and I saw things first-hand. I am a living witness to the development vision put forward by Tinubu. It’s not something we should be blabbing about; it’s a fact we all know. Under the leadership of Tinubu, we set up documents called LASEEDS and SEEDS, which are economic development blueprints for Lagos. We also had what we called a 10-point agenda, which laid the foundation for revenue generation drive, transportation reform and public infrastructure renewal.

“That’s how the blueprint was developed and we had a 20-year development plan for it, which former Governor Babatunde Raji Fashola improved on. He expunged some items and replaced them based on the realities of the period. Former Governor Akinwunmi Ambode did a similar thing.”

He, however, dismissed the speculation in some quarters that Tinubu had been running Lagos by proxy, noting that the former governor had since moved to the Federal Capital Territory, FCT, in the last six years.

“Tinubu is a father and a man that I respect personally. I cannot take that away. Critics always want to say anything, but are we keeping our eyes on the ball? Yes. Are we doing the things Lagosians want us to do? Yes,” he said.

Culled from Vanguard

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

TB Joshua: How I found my husband dead — Wife

Oyo school kidnap: We can’t risk more lives in rescue efforts — Soun

Easter: FG declares Friday, Monday public holidays