Robbers shoot trader dead
A 37-year-old cosmetics trader, identified as Sunday Ukata has been shot dead by suspected armed robbers terrorising Mile 2-Badagry expressway, Lagos.
The family of Ukata, who spoke to Vanguard on the development, yesterday, in Lagos, said the corpse was found with blood stains on the bridge around Dantata, near Akalija bus stop Sunday morning.
The family said late Ukata was shot on his head on Saturday night while returning from his shop in Lagos Island.
Ukata’s brother, Chukwudi, who spoke for the family, said his late brother left his shop that Saturday at 7p.m., and boarded a bus to Mile 2 and a bike to Tedi, near Ojo Barracks but never got home alive.
According to Chukwudi, “I was attending 6a.m. mass on Sunday when my phone rang, it was my brother’s wife that called. When I picked, she said her husband didn’t come back home the previous night from the shop on Lagos Island.
“She said she spoke to Ukata at 7.30p.m., and he said he had finished packing and was on his way. When it was about 9.30p.m., and she had not seen him, she decided to wait till 10.30pm before she started calling him again, but all his numbers were switched off. While waiting for him to return, she slept off. When she woke up in the morning and he still wasn’t back, that was when she called.
“Immediately she dropped the call, I boarded a bike to Abule Ado, I was on my way when I received a call and the caller asked if I knew Sumbo cosmetic, I said ‘yes’ that he is my younger brother. The caller said I should come to Alakija bus stop. When I got there, I saw where people gathered. I walked to where the people were gathered, I saw my brother lying lifelessly on the ground. He was shot on his forehead. People who witness the incident said it happened around 9.30p.m.
It was gathered that the bridge at Dantata bus stop is notorious for armed robbery and attacks.
Culled from Vanguard
Comments
Post a Comment