Tinubu stickers: We didn't impose N500 levy on tricycles — Lagos Govt, MC Oluomo


THE Lagos State Government and chairman of the Parks and Garages Management Committee, Musiliu Akinsanya, popularly called MC Oluomo, yesterday, denied forcing public motorists to purchase stickers to raise funds for the campaign of All Progressives Congress, APC, candidates.

The denial came following a viral video which showed Keke Marwa drivers protesting to pay for the said stickers on their tricycles.

According to the protesting Marwa drivers, they were forcefully charged to pay N500 per sticker.

The Commissioner for Transportation, Dr. Fredric Oladeinde, who debunked the claims, urged stakeholders to disregard the purported reports.

Oladeinde said: "The Ministry of Transportation has condemned in strong terms the aforementioned claims. The sticker was not created and circulated by the Ministry or any of its Agencies.

"The Ministry, therefore, urges stakeholders in the transportation sector, especially those providing public road transport to report anyone caught selling the stickers in the name of the Lagos State Ministry of Transportation. Those involved in this mischief should refrain or face the wrath of the Law."

Also faulting the levy, MC Oluomo, in a video posted on Instagram said he was not involved in the levy.

He said: "My attention has yet again been drawn to a video clip circulating online showing an altercation between two people as regards a sticker. 

"It came to me as a surprise seeing that people were attaching the video to me and were also quick to state that it was a campaign fee to support the election of Asiwaju Bola Tinubu.

"Naturally I would have just ignored knowing that it's the handiwork of naysayers. 

"Being in an election session, I also know their malicious intentions and the cheap political goal they aim to get with the video. 

"I am however compelled for the sake of clarity to set the record straight.

"I did not know anything about the said sticker; neither did I sanction the sale. I would appreciate additional information as regards the location where the incident happened so that we can conduct a thorough investigation.

"We are against anything that would hamper the free flow of business activities or bring hardship upon our people. 

"May I also inform the public that the APC Presidential candidate, Bola Tinubu, has more than enough people willing to finance his campaign and such money would not come from me or my office.

"I, however, implore them to leave me out of their political permutations and stop maligning my name for the sake of cheap popularity."

Culled from Vanguard

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

TB Joshua: How I found my husband dead — Wife

Oyo school kidnap: We can’t risk more lives in rescue efforts — Soun

Easter: FG declares Friday, Monday public holidays