3rd term ticket: I’ve my people’s support — Omititi

Hon. Olawale Olayiwola (Omititi).

By Idowu Ajigbotesho & Moses Oyejola

MEMBER, Lagos State House of Assembly, representing Mushin Constituency-2, Hon. Olayiwola Olawale popularly called Omititi, has put his hope on the support of the elders and members of the All Progressives Congress, APC, Mushin chapter, as well as the people of the area for his return to the House.

He disclosed this in an interview with The Harbinger News. Olawale, who expressed appreciations to APC leaders, members and people of the area, for their unflinching support; also solicited their support for his return to the House of Assembly. He promised to continue bringing dividends of democracy to them.

His qualitative representation was attested to by some political and constituency members during his birthday celebration. Even, Honourable David Sentoji, Chairman, House Committee on Information and Spokesman of Lagos State House of Assembly, who represented the Speaker and the House, at the birthday, described Olawale as a good representative of the constituency and a good hand in the state assembly.

During the interview, Olawale spoke on various issues and the reason for recontesting. Excerpts:

Let us know you sir?

I am Honourable Abdulsobur Olayiwola Olawale member, Lagos State House of Assembly representing Mushin Constituency II on the platform of A PC, I have my first degree in Business Administration and master in Public Administration. 

So far so good, how has it been as a two-term legislator?

It has been up and down since I have been representing Mushin Constituency-2. Yet, I ensure that I represent my constituency diligently within the legislative chamber and outside. With the support of the people of my constituency, I always ensure that I did my best for the betterment of my constituency and creditably well in the House.

I have actively participated in the activities of the House and also perform my primary duty of law making, 

As a Committee member in the House, how is the task of your oversight functions?

I am the Chairman, House Committee on Local Government Administration and Community Affairs. I am a member of Wealth Creation, Environment, Education, Judiciary and Home Affairs Committees. We have been performing our oversight functions efficiently and effectively. We carry out oversight functions on Ministries, Department and Agencies MDAs. Although, it is not an easy task, but I have what it takes in terms of experience and administrative acuity to make us successful in the task ahead of us. I have garnered a lot of experiences over the years. As a member oducation committee, my 10 years experience as a teacher is always handy in the course of our assignment. As a chairman of local government committee, native intelligence that I have garnered over the years surely comes to play, also as a Masters degree holder in public administration majoring in local government administration is always relevant. By and large, it has been a good experience.

What is your relationship with other members in the House?

We have cordial relationship. This was testified to during my birthday few weeks ago, where Hon. Sentonji described me as a resourceful person. So far from the numero uno to the rest of us, we are jolly good fellows.

How are the people of your constituency feeling your impact?

They are feeling my impact through empowerment programmes, attending the political party’s meeting both inside and outside. My constituency office is open to receive the constituency members’ complaints and suggestions and have been forwarding them to the House for necessary solution. By and large, I have been carrying them along in all my community projects and political activities. I see them as part of the same family. It is a journey that has been appreciated by the people of my constituency, because, I have not distanced myself from them.

On my achievement, I bought two buses conveying primary and secondary school students to and fro their respective destinations to the schools within my constituency. Computer training programme has been on-going for the past 20 years, before I was elected into the House. Large numbers of people have benefited from my empowerment programmes. I have been providing job opportunities for unemployed ones, especially the youths. The aged, widow and widowers have equally felt my impact by providing financial support for them.

Hon. Olawale Olayiwola (Omititi).

My call duty as a legislator has not been lacking, I have been proving my mettle as a law maker, as well as giving adequate representation on the floor of the house for my people, by being a regular attendant, a good participant, when it comes to debate on the floor.

Are you interested to re-contest, any hope of winning again?

I will definitely like to go back, for continuity and for the experience, so that the experience I have garnered over the years will not be a waste. Lagos State is progressing because of consistency of the leadership and continuity in policy implementation in the state. The foundation Asiwaju Bola Ahmed Tinubu, former governor of Lagos State laid years back is what other governors are building upon, including the legislators. Experience counts a lot.

There is hope of winning again. By the mercy of Allah, leaders, elders and the electorate, I will triumph and return to the House to continue with my qualitative representation. A lawmaker that has been in the saddle for over 5 years is a good indication of experience that cannot be wasted but to consolidate on it. I am not saying that new hands cannot perform but experience cannot be discarded.

What is your view on presidential ambition of Asiwaju Bola Ahmed Tinubu?

Asiwaju Bola Ahmed Tinubu has what it takes to lead this nation. It has been eventful and pragmatic in terms of purposeful direction and solid foundation laid to catapult the state to a higher level. He is a blessing to the nation. He has the knack for detecting potential achievers. Many people pass through Asiwaju and he thought them the way.  In every sphere of Nigeria, he has a hand in it. He is non-tribalised, composition of his cabinet then as a governor there were Igbo and Hausa. The legacy he bequeathed is still being maintained in Lagos State. He has expanded his political network within the nation to the Igbo, Hausa, Efik, Ibibio, Ijaw and other tribes. It is a payback for him that he should be voted for enmasse by the delegates for him to emerge at the primary. He was in the forefront for the formation of APC. He should be fully supported by all and sundry.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

TB Joshua: How I found my husband dead — Wife

Oyo school kidnap: We can’t risk more lives in rescue efforts — Soun

Easter: FG declares Friday, Monday public holidays