How traditional gun bulletproof charm failed

A palm-wine tapper, Daniel Qudus, in Lagelu area of Ibadan, Oyo State capital nearly killed his12-year-old-son, when traditional bulletproof charm put on him failed during testing,
According to Daniel, "the fear of herders activities in the South-West zone led me to take my son to herbalist, who gave me a charm that was supposed to act as bulletproof.
 “I went to this man that I needed a gun charm. He demanded N1,000 but because we are friends I later gave him N500. He gave me the charm and asked me to test it when I get home.
“I then asked my friend, Akinyemi Akinlolu, to help test the charm on my son. I provided a gun, charm, and other logistics. He shot my son and he was almost killed.
His hunter friend, Akinyemi, noted that he was consulted to do another charm for the man, which he consented to but was amazed when the father of the boy brought him to his house to remove a bullet from his body.
“On the 23rd of this month, I went out with one of my friends and I saw this my brother around 8 am. Though he had told me to do charm for him before, he didn’t have money.
“That day, he gave me N500 for the work so that I could use it to buy materials, which I did for him. The charm was meant for his business to thrive not for the gun.
“I was surprised when he later came to my house with the wounded son telling me that I should help him to remove a bullet from the body of his boy. I ignored him because I am not a doctor.”
Culled from Vanguard

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

TB Joshua: How I found my husband dead — Wife

Oyo school kidnap: We can’t risk more lives in rescue efforts — Soun

Easter: FG declares Friday, Monday public holidays